The Gelrin platform has several distinct features and benefits for tissue regeneration applications, including:
- An off-the-shelf product for cartilage repair.
- A new class of a-cellular product solution.
- Polyethylene glycol implant preventing cellular migration as a primary mode of action and further aided by denatured fibrinogen controlled erosion for the regeneration of hyaline-like cartilage.
- Initial state as liquid form provides for complete and optimal defect filling and subsequent curing hardens it into a more solid body, and holding it in place.
- Single, 10 minute surgical procedure.
- Manufacturing process allows for low cost of goods and scalability.
- Intended for the repair of focal defects in cartilage and/or osteochondral defects.